...but it isn't really that bad. But today was filled with misadventures left, right, and center.
It started out with me (B) unable to walk well because of inflammation in my knee. This problem happens ever now and again, but the problem is usually solved by taken some Ibuprofen. But today I couldn't take medicine because I was fasting for some blood tests.
Anyway, I hobbled to the car and slipped into the passenger side of the car and went with everyone on the school run. Last week the passenger inside door handle stopped working for no apparent reason. So, while R walked the kiddos to the school gate, I thought I'd try to fix the door. My initial thought was that maybe some child lock had been activated. So, I flipped the lock. Well, to my great surprise there was now no way to unlock the lock, which meant the door would not shut. I tried every way I knew to unlock the door, but nothing worked. That meant R had to drive down the road with me trying to keep the door from flying open and sideswiping parked cars.What a drive!!
By this time I knew our entire day was shot. But all was not lost. The drawing of blood was almost painless, and I didn't have the sensation of passing out. R was able to get some tasty French pastries while I guarded the car before my appointment. So, I had some food waiting for me when I finished. We got home, and some friends were home to help get the car to the garage. The door handle was replaced and lock unlocked.
Since I had the car, R had to take the bus to pick up the youngest from nursery. They just missed the return bus and had to wait 30 minutes for the next one. So, I made it home almost the same time they did. They stopped at McDo for lunch, and a huge fight broke out in the corner where they had originally planned to sit. I arrived at McDo at the same time the police did, and the row started up again but outside. One of the employees pulled the fire alarm to make everyone settle down!
All in all it was a day where what we had planned had to be put aside to take care of life's unexpected detours. But even through all the twists, God was gracious that it was sunny, we got the car fixed, blood work was done, and things were accomplished, even if they were not on the to-do list.
No comments:
Post a Comment